1. Cambodian Beef Lok Lak
- 375g of beef stir fry strips
- Juice of one lime
- 1 packet of Veetee duo pot Thai jasmine rice
- 1 x Tesco crunchy salad (242g)
For the marinade:
- Marinate the beef for at least 30 minutes with the marinade ingredients.
- Cook the beef in a frying pan in some oil.
- Heat the rice. Divide into bowls, season.
- Top with the beef and serve with the salad and a squeeze of lime.
- Pan-fry the beef strips and chopped garlic with the herbs in a splash of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour in half the red wine stock.
- Prep the mash, according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the beef with the mash and spring onions, scattered over.
- French or runner beans would make a good side dish.
For the tomato sauce:
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 3 Old El Paso green jalapenos (from a jar, 215g)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1-2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp of Arbol chilli flakes
- Marinate the beef in an oven-proof tray. Then grill for 15 minutes-20 minutes until cooked, turning it now and again.
- Slice the pepper into chunks, season and grill at the same time.
- Empty the refried beans into a vessel and heat up.
- Meanwhile, cook all the tomato sauce ingredients.
- When the tomatoes and shallots are spiced and cooked, blend to make the sauce.
- Serve the beef with tortillas, the heated refried pinto beans and the tomato sauce.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at [email protected].