- 250g of finely chopped kimchi
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 4 tbsp of juice from kimchi
- 3 tbsp of gochujang
- 400g of boiled rice (preferably leftovers)
- 2 tbsp of Korean or Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 4 eggs, fried
- 2 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Gim or nori (toasted seaweed), shredded
- Fry the kimchi, garlic, onion and oil together in a frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat. Stir in the kimchi juice and gochujang and fry the rice in this wonderful sludge until it’s warm and a little crispy – you might need to chop at it with a spatula so that the rice grains become separated. Add soy sauce to taste.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Serve out into four bowls and top with one fried egg, some spring onions, sesame seeds and seaweed.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at [email protected].