A Nutritionist’s Guide To Pizza Express
A Nutritionist’s Guide To Pizza Express

A Nutritionist’s Guide To Pizza Express


Sometimes, only Pizza Express will do. For anyone trying to eat a bit healthier, we asked nutritionist GQ Jordan what to order there.



Chilli Prawns
Calories: 435 kcal

Why it's good: “Chilli prawns are an excellent starter because they're high in protein and low in fat, making them a lean source of essential amino acids. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health and brain function. Plus, they're rich in selenium, which supports immune function and thyroid health. The chilli adds a kick and contains capsaicin, an antioxidant that can help boost metabolism and reduce inflammation.”

Buffalo Mozzarella & Tomato Salad
Calories: 314 kcal

Why it's good: “This salad is a great option because it combines fresh buffalo mozzarella, which is a good source of calcium and protein, with tomatoes that are rich in vitamins A and C, potassium, and antioxidants like lycopene. The combination of cheese and tomatoes provides a balanced mix of healthy fats, proteins and vital nutrients that support overall health.”


Leggera American Hot
Calories: 672 kcal

Why it's good: “Pizza can absolutely be part of a healthy diet when enjoyed thoughtfully. Balance is key – think of your plate as one quarter carbs, one quarter protein, and one-half vegetables and fibre. Opting for pizzas with thinner crusts or wholemeal bases can help reduce carb content and boost fibre intake. This is perfect for those who love spice but are looking for a more balanced option. This pizza has all the flavour but with a salad-filled hole in the centre, offering a great mix of nutrients to keep you energised for hours. I often advise clients that maintaining a balanced diet means eating healthily 80% of the time, leaving 20% for those indulgent treats, so enjoy your pizza without overthinking it.”

Leggera Pollo ad Astra
Calories: 667 kcal

Why it's good: “A great strategy is to share a pizza with a side salad to ensure you're hitting those balanced proportions. Eating slowly and mindfully not only enhances your dining experience but also helps your body recognise fullness cues, preventing overeating. This features cajun spiced chicken, sweet peppadew peppers, red onions, and mozzarella but with its salad-focused centre, it’s a lighter choice. The chicken provides a good source of protein while the peppers, onions and leafy greens add vitamins and antioxidants, making this a well-rounded meal.”

Vegan Giardiniera
Calories: 840 kcal

Why it's good: “Choosing toppings rich in vegetables and lean proteins adds essential nutrients, supporting stable blood sugar and energy levels throughout the day. This pizza includes artichokes, mushrooms, red onions, and black olives on a tomato base with vegan mozzarella. It's rich in vegetables and offers a great plant-based option with fibre and antioxidants. Pro tip: pair this with a protein starter to keep your energy levels up.”

Grand Chicken Caesar Salad
Calories: 711 kcal

Why it's good: “This salad contains a healthy portion of lean protein and is rich in vitamins and minerals – especially vitamin K and calcium from the romaine lettuce and parmesan cheese. For a lighter option, ask for the dressing on the side and aim for just one or two tablespoons.”

Calories: 390 kcal

Why it's good: “Made with aubergines, which are high in fibre and antioxidants, this dish is a heart-healthy choice. The tomato sauce offers lycopene, an antioxidant that supports heart health, and the mozzarella is a good source of calcium.”


Raspberry or Lime & Basil Sorbet
Calories: 61/72 kcal per scoop

Why it's good: “Sorbet is typically lower in sugar and unhealthy fat than other desserts and offers a refreshing end to the meal.”

DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at [email protected].